Latest Headlines:Cycladex and Triple 7 Mining, complete scale-up trials, begin construction of commercial gold leaching plant.
Cycladex provides an alternative to the use of cyanide in precious metals extraction with a ‘disruptive’ new chemical process/flowsheet that promises to obviate community concerns and objections to mining projects. It also has the potential to ‘unlock’ certain stranded gold deposits and difficult-to-treat, gold-bearing materials and promises lower capital and operating costs and a lower overall environmental footprint.
- Cycladex has developed a process (patented) which will reduce operating and capital costs by 30-50% with a shorter processing time than that for the more traditional cyanide route, and using more environmentally friendly chemicals without waste water or toxic waste issues
- Existing facilities can be modified easily to run the process; a simple switch rather than costly changes.
- Demonstrated on 20 ores sourced from around the world
- Process has been scaled up and technology transferred to large mining operations
- No waste water issues, key chemicals recycled
- Improved process economics may allow formerly uneconomic deposits (tailings and refractory ores) to be brought into production.
- Demonstration and scale-up is currently in progress